Flipkart in soup for delivering Nirma soap instead of smartphone to Walkeshwar resident
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Walkeshwar resident, Anand Bhalakia, filed a cheating complaint against Flipkart at Malabar Hill police for allegedly delivering him a soap instead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
2. Bhalakia had ordered the phone on May 25 and the product was delivered on May 30. As he had opted for cash-on-delivery, he paid Rs 29,900 to the delivery boy. Later, when Bhalakia opened the parcel, he was shocked to see a Nirma soap bar and an Android phone charger instead.
3. He immediately dialled the delivery boy’s number, who asked him to call on Flipkart’s customer care number to register his complaint. When Bhalakia contacted the customer care, he was told that his complaint was not genuine.
4. When Hindustan Times contacted Bhalakia, he was quoted saying, “Over the next few days I called them several times to inquire about the issue but received neither the cell phone nor my money. They initially denied me a refund or replacement, claiming that my complaint was not genuine. This was very annoying, so I filed a complaint with the police and on various customer complaint websites, after which they refunded my money on Tuesday.”
5. Meanwhile an FIR under Section 420 (cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property) of the IPC has been registered against the e-commerce giant and investigation in underway.