At 5 pm on Monday, the Maharashtra Director of Education office declared the second merit list of the First Year Junior College (FYJC) online admissions in Mumbai.
In the first list, announced on June 27, a total of 1.84 lakh candidates have been allotted seats out of the 2.2 lakh students that applied. With limited seats and an increasing number of students applying each year, most popular colleges across the three streams witnessed a marginal rise in the cut-off percentages compared to last year.
In the second list, the remaining 40,000 students who were not allotted colleges will be assigned seats. In addition, thousand of students who were assigned colleges in the first list but wished to opt for better colleges, also have an opportunity to do so after the second list.
This year, the demand of Commerce and Arts streams has been higher, resulting in a lower percentage drop in the second list. In comparison, the Science stream has seen a bigger drop from the first list.
Students can pay the admission fees for their respective colleges on July 5, 7 and 8, between 10 am and 3 pm.
How to check the merit list online
1. Visit www.fyjc.org.in/mumbai
2. Click the ‘Check Results (Round 1)’ on the extreme left
3. On the subsequent page, enter your unique application form number
4. Click ‘Get Results’
Cut-off percentages for top 15 colleges Mumbai colleges
- St. Xavier’s College: Arts (94%), Science (90.2%)
- Jai Hind College: Arts (90.83%), Commerce (91.2%), Science (89.8%)
- K.C College: Arts (84.2%), Commerce (90%), Science (87.6%)
- Ruia College: Arts (91.4%), Science (92.8%)
- Ruparel College: Arts (85.4%), Commerce (89.2%), Science (91.4%)
- N.M College: Commerce (92.6%),
- H.R College: Commerce (92.6%)
- R.A Podar College: Commerce (91.4%)
- Mithibai College: Arts (85.17%), Commerce (89.8%), Science (87.2%)
- Sathaye College: Arts (84.4%), Commerce (87.8%), Science (91%)
- Dahanukar College: Commerce (89.6%)
- Patkar College: Arts (60%), Commerce (87.2%), Science (90.2%)
- K.J Somaiya College: Commerce (86.8%), Science (90%)
- Bhavans College: Arts (69.8%), Commerce (80.2%), Science (83.2%)
- MCC College: Commerce (90.4%)
Note: All percentages calculated from www.fyjc.org.in/mumbaiBack to latest news