Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. On Sunday, the Mumbai Crime Branch arrested four people, including a woman, from Malad for chain snatching and robbery.
2. The four accused, identified as Dhanraj Kounder, Poonam Gurav, Kiran Sharma and Mangesh Karelkar, are all history sheeters and have four cases involving mobile theft, chain-snatching, robbery registered against them in different police stations.
3. According to the police, Poonam and Kounder, who are involved in romantic relationship, used to target elderly victims while riding on a bike. Poonam would approach the victim and talk to them, while Kounder would ride past them and snatch the chain. Karelkar and Sharma were their accomplices.
4. Following their arrest it was revealed that the accused were all drug addicts and used to sell the looted chains to get money for buying food and drugs. Kounder also confessed that he was working as a police informer earlier and turned to theft to raise money for marrying Poonam.
5. They were later handed over to the local Malwani police and were booked under sections 34 (common intention) and 392 (robbery).Back to latest news