‘Inviting Sanjay Dutt for Maharashtra Day celebrations was a mistake’
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. On May 1, actor Sanjay Dutt had made an appearance as the chief guest at an event organised by a BJP leader in Dindoshi to celebrate Maharashtra Divas.
2. Sanju Baba faced flak from Congress leaders for his presence at the event, who also termed the move of inviting the actor at the event as ‘anti-national’. Dutt’s family has been associated with Congress for decades.
3. With regard to Sanju’s invitation, city BJP Chief Ashish Shelar said ‘lack of judgement’ led a party functionary to invite Dutt for the event. Even Shelar had shared dais with the film star.
4. Shelar was quoted saying, “It was lack of judgement and mistake on part of the event organiser. Such a mistake should not be repeated.”
5. The 56-year-old actor, who was convicted in the 1993 blasts case, completed his jail term in February.