Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Gita Champions League (GCL), an educational initiative started by the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON), is going global this year.
2. The national contest on Bhagwad Gita has, for the first time, opened the competition to school children across countries to test their knowledge and understanding of Gita, said an ISKCON press release.
3. This year, GCL contests will take place in Australia, Mauritius, Kenya, South Africa and United States of America along with other Indian cities like Mumbai, Ujjain, Kolkata, Nashik and Belgaum.
4. The GCL contest started in Mumbai in the year 2010 and since then over 138,000 students from almost 1500 schools across several Indian cities have participated in the annual competition. This year alone, over 8000 students from around 134 schools participated in the Mumbai contest.
5. GCL also draws students and winners from various religions and sections of the society including Hindus, Muslims and Christians.Back to latest news