Select Page

Jai Hind student collapses in store’s trial room, dies

Jai Hind student collapses in store’s trial room, dies
Jai Hind student collapses in store's trial room, dies 2

Photo Courtesy: Mumbai Mirror

Local Press Co 5-point Snippet

1. 17-year-old Nihar Thacker died after suffering an epileptic fit in the trial room of an apparel store in Lower Parel’s Phoenix Mills on Wednesday.

2. Nihar, a district-level badminton player, was on a shopping spree on Sunday evening with his parents and visited the store to buy badminton shoes. According to his parents, before buying him shoes, they were looking around for some clothes when Nihar chose a pair of shorts and went inside the trial room to try them.

3. When Nihar didn’t come out of the room after 10 minutes, the guard posted at the spot sensed something wrong and pushed the door, only to find the teenager lying on the floor. He was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital. The badminton champ was kept on life support till he breathed his last on Wednesday.

4. Dr Sampat, the neurologist who was treating the boy, told Mumbai Mirror that Nihar had suffered from neurocysticercosis in the brain, an infection caused by larvae of T.solium, also known as pork tapeworm. He added, “The infection is commonly found in pork eaters or is also a result of unhygienic practices like not cleaning vegetables and other eating products.”

5. Nihar was a student of Jai Hind College and studied commerce. The NM Joshi Marg police have registered a case of natural death.

Send this to a friend