Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. On Sunday, a woman constable was allegedly molested by a two patrons at a pub in Vile Parle, located near Juhu gymkhana.
2. The constable, along with two policemen, had come to resolve the fight between the accused duo, Shrinivas Sundarvardhan (28) and S Shashtri Krishna (25) and the club’s staff. Shrinivas and Shashtri had their gala time at the pub and later refused to pay the billed amount of Rs 14,000, claiming that it had been inflated.
3. When police officials, who had been alerted by the pub’s staff, arrived at the pub, they asked the duo and a few staff members to come with them to the police station. Shrinivas and Shashtri, however, refused to budge even then. Following which an heated argument took place between the police personnel and the accused.
4. In a fit of rage, both Srinivas and Shashtri, allegedly pushed the two policemen aside and touched the lady constable inappropriately. After their scuffle with the police, they were immediately taken into police custody.
5. Juhu police have registered an FIR against the duo under section 353 (assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty), 354 (whoever assaults or uses criminal force to any woman, intending to outrage or knowing it to be likely that he will thereby outrage her modesty) and 34 (common intention) of the IPC.Back to latest news