Major pipeline burst near Ghatkopar metro station
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. On Wednesday night, a major water pipeline burst at Asalpha village, near Ghatkopar metro station in Ghatkopar (W).
2. The intensity of the burst was so high that residents in the vicinity panicked and came running out of their respective houses. The burst occurred around 11 pm and the entire vicinity was flooded with water within minutes.
3. Seeing gallons of water being wasted, the residents immediately informed the police and fire brigade officials.
4. After the police and fire brigade officials reached the spot, they immediately alerted the BMC’s hydraulic department. Officials from the hydraulic department started with the plugging work around 12.30 am.
5. Water supply to the area was cut off and the burst was plugged after a struggle of over 2 hours. As of Thursday morning, some of the residents from the nearby areas have reported low pressure and water shortage, however it is not certain if it was caused due to the burst.