Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu, on Wednesday, inaugurated new facilities at three Mumbai railway stations via video-conferencing.
2. The new facilities include home platform & booking office at Bandra Terminus, elevated booking office at Kandivli and escalators at Goregaon & Kandivli stations.
3. The home platform at Bandra terminus will connect long-distance platforms with the suburban railway platforms and cost Railways an estimated Rs 33.24 crores. The elevated booking office was built at a cost of Rs 1.5 crore.
4. Kandivali and Goregaon stations, which have a combined footfall of over 3 lakh originating daily commuters, will benefit from the newly inaugurated escalators. In addition, a new booking office with five windows was also inaugurated at Kandivali station. The work on these two stations cost an estimated Rs 5.9 crore.
5. According to an Indian Express report, members of the Shiv Sena were reportedly protesting outside Bandra Terminus during the inauguration while criticizing the BJP for ‘belittling their party by either delaying their invitations or by sending invites for functions just a day before’.Back to latest news