Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority (MHADA), in it’s pre-monsoon survey, has identified 11 city buildings and declared them ‘unfit for occupation’.
2. MHADA conducts a pre-monsoon study for its buildings every year to identify the buildings that are potentially hazardous for occupation during the monsoon.
3. While talking to Indian Express, State Housing Minister Prakash Mehta said, “MHADA will arrange for the temporary accommodation of the residents. We will appeal to the residents to leave, but if they don’t cooperate, we may consider forcible eviction.”
4. The 11 buildings that MHADA identified as unsafe are located at Tardeo, Cuffe Parade, Byculla, Kherwadi and Chandanwadi. Surprisingly, 4 out of the 11 buildings featured in MHADA’s 2015 list as well.
5. The 700 odd residential and commercial tenants will be given temporary accommodation before the rains begin.Back to latest news