Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. The VB Nagar police, on Monday, arrested 35-year-old man for allegedly stealing 17 two-wheelers, all Honda Activa scooters.
2. The accused, identified as Raju Sharma, is a Mira Road resident and had stolen the vehicles from Vakola, Mahim, Bhoiwada, Sahu Nagar, LT Marg and Antop Hill.
3. The robbery came to light when the locals alerted the cops of a suspicious person loitering in the area on Sunday. Following which, the police took Sharma into custody. During interrogation, he confessed to the crime and revealed the areas where he had parked the robbed vehicles.
4. When asked about the reason behind committing the crime, 35-year-old Sharma stated that it is the only two-wheeler he knew how to ride. According to a Mumbai Mirror report, Sharma took advance payments from people, charging them amounts between Rs 2,000 to Rs 5,000, promising to deliver them second-hand vehicles.
5. After his confession, cops recovered the stolen two-wheelers worth Rs 4.80 lakh from Santacruz, Sakinaka, Asalfa and Govandi. While Sharma has been remanded into police custody till June 17, cops suspect involvement of more persons in the crime and are investigating the case further.View Realtime Updates