Navi Mumbai builder robbed of his gun and bullets on train
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. A Navi Mumbai-based builder was in for a shock when the woke up during his train journey and found that his gun, along with its live cartridges, was missing.
2. 49-year-old Vanveer Rajput had boarded the AC coach of the Bhuj-Bandra express on Thursday evening. Just before midnight, he went to sleep.
3. When he woke up around 5:30 am, he realised that his licensed .32 bore revolver costing Rs 3.5 lakh and four live cartridges had been stolen. He tried to searching for them in his compartment, but to no avail.
4. Rajput had stored the gun, cartridges and Rs 16,000 cash in his waist-pouch while sleeping. All items from his pouch had been stolen, while the pouch itself was still attached to him.
5. The railway police has registered a case under 379 of the IPC. Meanwhile, Mumbai crime branch has also been informed and is investigating the case since Rajput’s gun may be used to commit a crime in future.