Politician asks ‘special’ treatment, gets turned down by traffic cop
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. On Sunday, the repair work on the Saket bridge near Thane, on the Mumbai-Agra Express Highway, led to a massive traffic clog on the highway.
2. To streamline the flow of traffic, the police completely shut one side of the 33-year-old highway and tried their best to manage heavy traffic with diversions. Only ambulances and emergency vehicles were allowed to use the blocked lane while the others had to put up with the choc-a-bloc hold-up.
3. Member of legislative council, Niranjan Davkhare, was also stuck in queue and reportedly asked a traffic cop at Mumbra toll booth to give him a free pass along the blocked lane.
4. But, traffic cop Sukhdeo Bangar, refused to grant special access to the son of NCP leader Vasant Davkhare and asked him to use the diversion instead.
5. While Davkhare has denied demanding VIP treatment, a reporter who happened to be at the jam confirmed that he saw him argue with Bangar.