After Railways, BEST buses to provide free Wi-Fi
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. In a bid to cover its Rs 900 crore loss, the BEST’s transport division is desperately trying to revamp its offering to become more lucrative to commuters.
2. Recently, reports confirmed that the transport division was planning to introduce facilities like happy hours, corporate bus pass and point-to-point buses to boost declining ticket sales.
3. Now, officials have revealed that the undertaking is planning to introduce free Wi-Fi in its buses. In fact, BEST is currently testing this feature in two buses and carefully assessing the passenger’s response.
4. A BEST spokesperson said that they have received an overwhelming response from commuters aboard the two Wi-Fi equipped buses running on random routes. He further added that passengers were joyous when they received a notification alerting them of free Wi-Fi on the bus.
5. If the results are satisfactory, the road transport wing of the city plans to float tenders for Wi-Fi installations in its red buses.