Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. On Sunday evening, a Bandra-based NGO ‘Bhamla Foundation’ organized a small event to celebrate the World Environment Day at Carter Road.
2. The event was supported by a number of social activists, NGOs and hundreds of Bandraites had gathered to witness the event.
3. Actors Sanjay Dutt & Zarine Khan, singers Kunal Ganjawala & Soham Chakraborty, former MP Priya Dutt, Mumbai BJP president Ashish Shelar and few other political figures attended the event and spoke about ways in which citizens can help the environment and adopt more eco-friendly solutions to solve everyday problems.
4. While speaking to the audience, Sanjay Dutt suggested how one should recycle old newspapers by making eco-friendly bags out of them. Dutt even demonstrated the process of making such bag, a trick he had picked up during his recently concluded jail term.
5. Post the ceremony, students from the Shiamak Davar group entertained the audience with their dance performance. The event concluded with a mime act which encouraged people to adopt eco-friendly way of living and spread the message of environment conversation amongst others.Back to latest news