Shiv Sena to distribute 5,000 helmets for free at 6 Mumbai locations
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. On Monday, Shiv Sena’s vahatuk vibhag workers will be conducting a drive for bikers’ safety across the city in a Gandhian way.
2. As a part of the drive, Shiv Sainiks will be seen distributing free helmets to those who are seen riding without one and will appeal to them to follow traffic rules.
3. About 25 Shiv Sainiks have been stationed at 6 locations like Sion circle, Bandra signal near Mhada Building, Goregaon Aarey road in Mumbai, Vashi Creek Bridge, Palm Beach road in Navi Mumbai and on highway on Mira-Bhayandar to distribute helmets. The workers will be distributing over 5,000 helmets today.
4. The president of Shiv Vahatuk Sena Haji Arafat Shaikh told Times of India, “The drive will be held in Mumbai, Thane, Navi Mumbai, Mira-Bhayandar and Pune on the occasion of Yuva Sena Chief Aaditya Thackeray’s birthday. During the day, we will distribute over 5,000 helmets to those riding without helmet and appeal them to follow traffic rules.”
5. Arafat also added that the drive will continue for the next 3-4 months.