Traffic restrictions at Dadar for Dr. Ambedkar’s death anniversary on Dec 6
Mumbai Traffic Police and the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation have gone the extra mile to cater to the large turnout of Dalits, who are expected to visit Chaityabhoomi in Dadar (West) to pay homage to late Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar on December 6.
A larger crowd is expected attend ‘Mahaparinirvan Din’ this year on the occasion of Dr Ambedkar’s 60th death anniversary.
Since a large number of followers are expected to congregate, traffic restrictions have been placed on roads in and around Dadar.
Traffic will be restricted on the following routes:
* Veer Savarkar Road
* Ranade Road
* NC Kelkar Road
* Keluskar road (South & North)
* LJ Road, Gokhale Road (North & South)
* Kataria Road
* Tilak Bridge
* SK Bole Road
* Bhavani Road
Motorists are advised to use Dr BA Road, Senapati Bapat Marg and NM Joshi Marg to avoid delays.
Those travelling from western suburbs to South Mumbai might be routed via the following routes during evening peak hours:
* Kalanagar > Dharavi T Junction > Sion Railway Station
* Kalanagar > Dharavi (60ft road) > Sion Hospital
* Kalanagar > Bandra-Worli sealink
Those travelling from South Mumbai to western or eastern suburbs during evening peak hours are advised to use D’mello road, Barrister Nath Pai Marg, Zakera Bunder Road and RAK Marg.
Those travelling from Mahalaxmi railway station are advised to use Senapati Bapat Road.
Per the recommendation of the police, the BMC has also taken adequate measures to ensure the event goes off smoothly.
The measures include:
* 24/7 CCTV surveillance of venue
* Installation of door frames, metal detectors and bag scanners
* Live streaming of proceedings on giant LED screens
* 10 control rooms and 8 information centres set up for visitors
* Dozen ambulances stationed around the area
* Water tankers and fire engines kept on standby
* Round the clock monitoring by 750 workers and 16 lifeguards