Undertrial Shahrukh Khan hurls chappal at judge
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. 30-year-old Shahrukh Khan, who was arrested by the Dharavi Police in 2014 for alleged possession of one gram of the banned narcotic mephedrone, was produced in court on Wednesday.
2. While his trial was about to begin, Khan, who was seated in the rear of the courtroom along with other accused, suddenly threw a slipper in the direction of the Sessions Court judge who was hearing the case. The slipper hit the ceiling and landed on top of a steel cupboard.
3. Khan was later confronted by the constables and was taken into custody again. According to the police, Khan was frustrated as the judge had delayed his trial.
4. After his act, Shahrukh Khan was booked for committing an act endangering human life and with using criminal force to deter a public servant from discharging his duty.
5. This isn’t the first time a footwear has been hurled at a judge. This year itself, murder accused Mubarak Khan had thrown both his shoes at sessions judge D G Murumkkar and Madan Chavan, who was held for robbery, had hurled one of his shoes at sessions judge Sanjay V Patil.