Video: Man demands ‘free beer’ at gunpoint from Kalyan bar
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. On Thursday, three allegedly drunk men arrived at Leela Family Restaurant and Bar in Kalyan to buy beers for themselves. One of the three, identified as Sunil, headed to the bar area to place the order.
2. Sunil ordered for three bottles of beer and stood at counter while the bartender packed his bottles. Before handing over the bottles, the bartender asked for payment. When Sunil refused to pay, he took the bottles off the counter.
3. Losing his temper, Sunil took out his gun and threatened the bartender to give him the bottles for free. When Umesh Shetty, the complainant and the owner of the bar, interrupted to solve the matter, Sunil responded by pointing the gun at him.
4. Shetty said, “While leaving, though the accused didn’t take the beer, he took out Rs 1,200 from my shirt’s front pocket and hopped into his car, where two of his associates were waiting for him”. After the incident, Shetty quickly alerted the police.
5. With the help of a CCTV camera footage, which showed the car’s licence plate, cops managed to nab Sunil’s aides, Ashitosh Babade and Santosh Bhandari, on Friday morning while they were still sleeping inside the car. A case was registered by Bazarpeth police under Sections 506 (2) (criminal intimidation), 394 (voluntarily causing hurt in committing robbery) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) of the Indian Penal Code and different sections of the Arms Act. The main accused, Sunil, is still on the run.
Watch the drunk man asking for free beer at gunpoint: