Meru launches customized cars for physically challenged and elderly passengers
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Taxi aggregator, Meru Cabs, has launched special services called ‘Meru Enable’ for the elderly and the physically disabled.
2. These customized locomotives will be equipped with hydraulic lifts in order to lift passengers in wheelchairs smoothly. Further, it will also have ample space for three more co-passengers as well as luggage.
3. Through its state-of-the-art fleet of cars, Meru will be able to serve the specialized needs of the physically challenged, senior citizens, pregnant women and medically obese while providing a comfortable travelling experience for them.
4. Moreover, drivers of Meru Enable will also be given special training so they can be sensitive to needs of their passengers while assisting them.
5. The company has already launched Meru Enable in Mumbai and plans to make it available in Delhi and Bangalore within the next few months. The service will also be extended to Chennai, Hyderabad and Kolkata by 2017.