After drug racket, Mamta Kulkarni now probed for money laundering
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. After suspected involvement in drug smuggling racket last month, former Bollywood actress Mamta Kulkarni is now being probed for money laundering.
2. Mamta’s bank accounts are being closely examined by the Thane police after they received information about some large transactions in her Badlapur bank account.
3. While speaking to Mumbai Mirror, a top official from the Thane police stated, “We are investigating her bank transactions after it emerged that the account was receiving large deposits from abroad. We want to ascertain whether there is a hawala angle or drug money is being deposited in this account.”
4. The Thane Police’s Anti-Narcotics Cell also revealed that the 44-year-old actress’ account shows transactions with a Kenyan account, which they suspect is Vicky Goswami’s – her alleged husband.
5. Vicky Goswami, ran an international drug racket out of Kenya. After his involvement in smuggling of 100 kg of ephedrine, valued at over Rs 2,000 crore, from Gujarat in last three months became known, both Mamta and Vicky have been under the scanner of police and enforcement agencies.