Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. During a brand promotion event in Chennai, Bollywood’s khiladi Akshay Kumar told the media that there’s only one superstar in the country.
2. When the host of the event invited the actor on stage by addressing him as ‘Superstar Akshay Kumar’, the actor came on stage, took the microphone and clarified, “The lady here announced my name as Superstar. But there is only one Superstar in the country — and that is Rajinikanth sir!”
3. Needless to say, Akshay’s response sent the audience in a frenzy and met with a thunderous applause. During his interaction with the media and audience, Akshay spoke about his career, fitness, films and his Chennai connect.
4. On sharing sharing screen space for the first time with Rajinikanth in his Tamil debut ‘2.0’, he said, “It is an honour working with Rajini sir in a straight Tamil movie. It is like a dream come true! I am very happy about it and eagerly awaiting the response of people here after its release. I want to be part of more south films.”
5. Directed by Shankar, ‘2.0’ features Rajinikanth and Amy Jackson in lead roles while Akshay is playing the role of the antagonist. The film’s music is composed by Academy Award winner A.R Rahman.Back to latest news