Class 12 student arrested for sending obscene messages to woman
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. A Class 12 student from Yavatmal district has been arrested by the police for allegedly sending obscene SMSes and MMSes to a 24-year-old woman.
2. The 17-year-old boy initially sent vulgar messages to the woman and later, describing her as a ‘call girl’, circulated her number on his WhatsApp groups.
3. Following which, the victim, who works in a multinational company, started receiving obscene calls from unknown numbers. When the woman threatened the boy of filing a complaint against him, he stopped sending messages and switched off his mobile phone.
4. After the complaint was registered, cops swung into action and tracked the boy’s mobile number to Yavatmal. In no time, cops were able to apprehend him.
5. He was then taken into custody and booked for outraging a woman’s modesty.