Ranbir’s rumoured ‘Dilliwali’ girlfriend confirms she has a boyfriend
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Since Ranbir made his Bollywood debut, the Kapoor scion has always been at the center of media attention, be it for his movies or personal life.
2. After a dizzying number of reports about his alleged breakup with girlfriend Katrina Kaif, Ranbir was recently paired with a Delhi-based make-up artist Bharti Malhotra. Although celebrities like Ranbir are used to the media glare, it’s a harrowing experience for a non-celeb, especially if the media has got it wrong.
3. In an interview with Times of India, Bharti explained how the reports took a toll on her and put her link-up rumours with Ranbir to rest. She was quoted saying, “Last week, I got a call from a friend who asked me if I was dating Ranbir Kapoor. Like any other girl with no connection to Ranbir or even Bollywood, I thought someone was playing a prank on me. Then I got to know that I was being tagged as ‘Ranbir’s new Delhi-based girlfriend’ by a news channel.”
4. She further added, “I started reading the internet reports and was shocked. Earlier, there were reports saying that Ranbir was spotted with some ‘mystery girl’, and then suddenly, I was suspected to be that ‘mystery girl’ and my Facebook pictures were used with those reports. I have no clue who started this or how this was reported without anyone trying to reach out to me. I did make a few calls to some publications to have the online reports removed. I told them that I am not dating Ranbir Kapoor, but it was of little help. Some websites removed the link, but I realised that some portals were adding more juicy, false details to the dating rumour. I did not know how to stop that. Everyone started talking about it, but I have had enough of this.”
5. Bharti also revealed that she has been in a steady relationship with boyfriend Prateek Chaudhary for years now and the couple is planning on getting hitched soon. She has even shared pictures with her boyfriend on her social media account.