Daniel Craig turns down $100 million, refuses to play James Bond again
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. British actor Daniel Craig, who has been playing the iconic character of James Bond since 2005, has decided to leave the franchise for good as he recently turned down $100 million proposal by MGM studio to reprise his role.
2. MGM studios had offered Craig $100 million for two Bond movies. The amount included endorsements, profit shares, as well as a position of co-producer on both the films.
3. However, the 48-year-old declined the offering as he did not want to essay the role of the Mi7 agent again post last year’s smash-hit Spectre.
4. Craig had reportedly lost interest in the role as criticism against the character had increased in recent times. While promoting Spectre he had said he’d “rather break this glass and slash my wrist” than star in another Bond movie. In another statement he said, “We’re done. All I want to do is move on.”
5. Following his ouster, rumor mills claim British actor Tom Hiddleston, who rose to fame for playing Loki in Marvel’s Thor, will be the next 007.