SRK, Deepika, Ranveer in Bhansali’s next?
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. After doing back to back movies with Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh, reports suggest that director Sanjay Leela Bhansali is likely to repeat the pairing for his upcoming film.
2. Bhansali’s next, tentatively titled ‘Padmavati’, is a period drama revolving around the life of queen Padmavati whose husband, Raja Ratansen, is at war with Sultan Allaudin Khilji.
3. Since the queen has the pivotal role in the film, Deepika has already given a nod and is currently working on allotting the dates. Ranveer, who is only working on ‘Befikre’ currently, is also likely to come onboard.
4. Speculation were also rife about Bhansali offering the role of Allaudin Khilji to Shah Rukh Khan when he met him this Sunday. But, an insider has now revealed that the Bhansali is working on two scripts and he approached SRK to work the other untitled project.
5. Moreover, since Padmavati is being pitched as a heroine centric film, it might be of little interest to SRK, who has already signed a film with Imtiaz Ali and Aanand L Rai. Meanwhile, Bhansali has decided to release the film around December 2017.