Man electrocuted at Dombivli while travelling on rooftop of local train
A 39-year-old man was electrocuted after he climbed on the rooftop of a local train at Dombivli station and came into contact with an overhead wire.
The incident occurred on platform 3 of Dombivli station at 8:40 pm on Friday night.
The deceased, identified as Nivedan Guanakar Shetty, was a resident of Jagriti Nagar, Kurla.
According to GRP, the train was heading towards Dadar and that Shetty climbed onto its roof, touched the overhead wire and burst into flames.
Shetty was rushed to Shastri Nagar Hospital in Dombivli where he was declared dead.
The GRP have registered a case of accidental death. Shetty’s body was handed over to his brother Nitesh.
This year, 634 people have been arrested for travelling on roof tops and on footboards and in 2015, 17 people died and eighteen were injured while travelling on the rooftops of Mumbai’s trains.