Both 1Above and Mojo’s Bistro flouted norms by selling liquor, hukka without permission
The Fire Department on Friday came out with a report in which it concluded that the Kamala Mills fire was caused due to embers from charcoal used for hukka in Mojo’s Bistro.
During the preliminary investigation, it was believed that the fire originated at 1Above. However, after interviewing eye-witnesses and examining videos on social media, the committee came to the conclusion that the blaze started at Mojo’s restaurant.
The inquiry report, submitted to the Municipal commissioner by the Inquiry Committee, also stated that there were several violations of fire safety norms by both Mojo’s Bistro and 1Above.
In addition, none of the two had permissions to serve liquor and hookah, and that they flouted civic norms by serving them on a regular basis. Mumbai police now plan to add more names to FIR filed against owners of 1Above.