Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. The Thane Crime Branch, on Sunday, arrested four people, including two minors, for murdering 17-year-old Aashiq Shaikh. The victim’s body was found packed in a gunny bag at Ambernath Railway station.
2. The deceased’s uncle, Furkan along with his two minor kids and a relative, smothered Aashiq to death with a pillow, packed his body in a gunny bag and took a train to Ambernath from Mumbra on June 1. When the cops stumbled upon the body, they called for an immediate investigation.
3. After going through CCTV footage of nearby railway stations, the officers found that four people at Mumbra were carrying the same gunny bag. Following which, an investigation ensued and the accused were apprehended.
4. During the investigation, it was revealed that Aashiq’s parents had passed away two years back and since then he was under the care of his uncle, Furkan. The teenager was mentally unstable and suffering from Tuberculosis (TB), due to which Furkan was unhappy with him.
5. According to an official, Furkan has around ten children from multiple marriages and allegedly committed the crime because he did not want to bear the burden of Aashiq’s expenses. The four accused were booked for murder and were handed over to the Kalyan Government Railway Police (GRP).Back to latest news