Grandpa throws grandson from 6th floor balcony after tiff with daughter-in-law
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. In a shocking incident, an elderly person allegedly killed his three-year-old grandson by throwing him off the balcony of their sixth floor flat in Santa Cruz on Sunday.
2. The accused, identified as Nivrutti Kharche (80), was reportedly not on good terms with his daughter-n-law, Surekha. He often complained that Surekha was not taking proper care of him. Kharche was also disturbed about his ill-health and alleged that his daughter-in-law did not give him food on time.
3. On Sunday evening, Kharche and Surekha got into a heated argument over property issues, after which the 80-year-old grandpa picked his grandson, Mayuresh, in a fit-of-rage and threw him out of the balcony of their of SRA Khandwala building flat in Santa Cruz East.
4. Mayuresh was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he was declared dead on arrival. The deceased’s mother, Surekha, later filed a complaint in Vakola police station against Kharche alleging that he murdered her son. In her complaint, she also mentioned that with the growing age, Kharche was getting irritated over petty issues and often fought with her.
5. After the complaint was filed, the cops arrested Kharche and booked him for murder under relevant sections of the IPC. He has been sent to police custody till June 2.