Mumbai to get 2 new rail terminus by 2019
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu, on Monday, laid the foundation of two new railway terminal stations in a bid to decongest Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus.
2. The two new stations, Parel for Mumbai suburban trains and Panvel for outstation trains, are likely to get functional by the year 2019.
3. According to The Hindu, the construction of the Parel and Panvel terminus is expected to cost Railways Rs 51 crore and Rs 154 crore respectively.
4. The minister also announced that Panvel terminus, which is the first terminus of Navi Mumbai, will also include a stabling facility and four washing lines for cleaning coaches.
5. The Parel terminus on the other hand, will consist of one terminal line with platforms on both sides and cater to the growing number of Mumbai suburban travellers.