Man who strangled sister-in-law for rejecting sexual advances arrested by Malwani police
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Five months ago, a woman’s dead body was found stuffed in a gunny bag and stashed in the bushes near Dharavli Village in Malad. But, given that the body was uncovered six days after death and in a decomposed state, identification of the deceased was a challenge for the police.
2. However, when police cross checked with missing persons records, they found that a woman from Malwani named Rubeena Qureshi had been reported missing around the same time. Qureshi’s mother was brought in and she identified her daughter on the basis of the jewelry found on the body.
3. After months of investigation, Malwani police on Monday arrested Qureshi’s brother-in-law, Mohammad Raees, and two of his friends for killing the 22-year-old.
4. A police official revealed that Raees confessed to his crime and named his two accomplices as his sister’s husband, Mohammad Isaf Qureshi, and a friend, Mohammad Ghulam Rasool. Further, Raees stated that he killed Qureshi because she constantly kept rejecting his sexual advances and insulting him. He also conceded that he was so furious at her that he had sex with her dead body.
5. According to police records, the three accused hit the victim’s head with a brick and strangled her on January 3. Then, Raees had his way with her body before they put it in a gunny bag and dumped it.