Nana Patekar deserved a National Award for ‘Natsamrat’, says Irrfan Khan
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Piku actor Irrfan Khan was all praises for Marathi cinema after he arranged a special screening of latest regional hit ‘Sairat’.
2. At the screening on Monday evening, he spoke candidly about how much he loved Mahesh Manjrekar-directed ‘Natsamrat’ starring Nana Patekar. Khan said, “It was an outstanding film. It (film) should have won National Award for Nana ji (Nana Patekar), but I was not there in the jury.”
3. The 49-year-old also revealed how he was drawn to Marathi movies after acclaimed director Umesh Kulkarni made movies like ‘Vihir’ and ‘Deool’.
4. After watching ‘Sairat’ the actor showered the movie with praises saying, “Sairat clicked well with the audience. The connection, the subject, the way people are connecting to the story. The way the director has connected the story is amazing.”
5. The actor also claimed he willing to work in regional cinema as an actor and a producer. According to Irrfan,”Regional cinema is creating new kind of films. Marathi cinema is also getting popular as much as Hollywood and Hindi film industry, as every year Marathi cinema comes up with a great film.”