Marathi medium students deprived of marksheets, asked to appear for English exam first
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Mumbai division board officials summoned around 57 students from a city-based Marathi medium school before handing over their HSC marksheets.
2. The authorities, after learning that the students had not appeared for their English paper in their SSC board exams, asked them to appear for the paper first and then take their marksheets.
3. While speaking to DNA, Chairman of Mumbai division board DV Jagtap said, “All the students had given their HSC examination privately by filling form number 17. When board members came to know that they had not appeared for their English paper in their SSC year, they summoned all 57.”
4. He added, “It was decided that to get their HSC result, they would have to appear for that exam. They will all take the exam this July, with the repeaters appearing for their SSC exam.
5. As per Maharashtra state board rules, it is compulsory to have English as a subject for taking admission in degree college.