Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. A teenager from Mumbra sent Bandra police on a fool’s errand after registering a false theft and assault complaint.
2. The 17-year-old approached Bandra police and filed a complaint stating that he was assaulted and robbed of Rs 34,000 by a rickshaw driver and his accomplice after boarding an auto from Sion to Bandra. The teenager said that he had received the money for shopping from his father.
3. Since the boy was badly bruised, cops registered the complaint and began investigation. However, when cops took him to the place where the incident happened, his replies were inconsistent with his earlier statement.
4. Suspicious of his intentions and complaint, officials kept questioning him till he broke and confessed the truth. The boy later told the cops that he wanted to use the money to elope with his girlfriend.
5. After the girlfriend’s brother found out about their plan, he assaulted him. Since he was already bruised, he thought he could pocket the money his father gave him by filing a fake complaint. Police are yet to take an action against the minor for filing a false complaint.Back to latest news