Thieves go on a break-in spree in Kanjurmarg, rob 9 houses in 3 hours
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. On Sunday, while the residents of Ashok Nagar in Kanjurmarg were on vacation, a group of thieves attempted to break into as many as fifteen houses in the wee hours of the night.
2. The residents had all been on vacation for a few days when a suspected gang of robbers managed to successfully break into nine out of the fifteen houses and looted cash and valuables amounting to approximately Rs 5 lakh.
3. The incident came to light after a few neighbours spotted open doors and informed the Kanjurmarg police. According to initial statements, police believe that the incident took place between 2 am to 5 am.
4. The modus operandi included breaking the main door lock, quickly grabbing anything of value and moving on to the next one. Police believe that the robbers would have conducted a recce of the area, but they did not necessarily know where the valuables were in each house.
5. Kanjurmarg police is currently checking the CCTV footage of the nearby area and has enlisted the help of fingerprint experts and a dog squad. They have also registered a case against the unidentified thieves under the relevant sections of the IPC, but have made little headway into the case.