Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Police, on Wednesday, revealed that mobile handsets worth over Rs 10 lakh were stolen by Amazon employees from its godown in Kurund village near Padgha.
2. The e-commerce website, which uses the warehouse to stock high-end smartphones, filed a complaint about the theft on May 22, after which police started their investigation.
3. As per the complaint filed by Amazon, 17 handsets were stolen by five of its contractual employees. In accordance with the complaint, cops registered a case against the accused under section 381 (theft by clerk or servant of property in possession of master) and section 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) of the IPC.
4. Although, cops from the area have been on the lookout for the culprits, no arrest has been made till now.
5. However, another contractual employee, identified as Aakash Sapat, was caught stealing a phone worth Rs 7,500 from the same godown and arrested by the police on May 29.Back to latest news