‘Happy to have been the weekend entertainment’, Fardeen Khan slams body-shamers
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. “Not ashamed, neither shamed. Not offended. Not depressed. Not blind either. Am i happy?? Emphatically!” reads the first line of Fardeen Khan’s post on his Facebook page, which he wrote after getting trolled on Twitter last week.
2. The 42-year-old actor made headlines when his latest picture, depicting his recent weight gain, went viral on social media and became ‘the’ topic for discussion among netizens. Although some sympathized with the actor, a majority shamed him for becoming ‘too fat’. Dozens of ‘before-after’ memes also started doing rounds on social networking sites.
3. But instead of taking offense, the actor simply shared a rather fiery post that pretty much shut up all the haters. “Living the happiest chapter of thus far with LBS (weight) to show for it. Happy to have been the weekend’s entertainment for all you trollers,” he wrote.
4. Fardeen further went on to write, ‘If trolling is what makes you feel better about yourself, you have to seriously think about future prospects. For those of you who spoke against mindless trolling please raise your voices. This worldwide behavioral pattern on the internet is disturbing even though I believe in absolutely free speech and opinions.”
5. The ‘Jungle’ star concluded his post by thanking those who defended him and wrote– ‘I just want you all to know that after a very long time I am in a great space in my life.’