Local press Co 5-point Snippet
1. After late actress Jiah Khan’s mother Rabia Khan had accused Sooraj Pancholi of murdering her daughter, the ‘Hero’ actor has been charged with abetment to suicide under 306 of the IPC.
2. Jiah Khan was found dead in her Juhu apartment in June 2013. A latest development in the suicide case has revealed that the ‘Nishabd’ actress had tried committing suicide thrice.
3. Sooraj Pancholi’s lawyer, Prashant Patil, has now claimed that the allegations of rape and murder leveled by Rabia Khan on Sooraj are untrue, citing a mail dated February 2015. A Mid-Day report quotes Patil as saying, “My client came in possession of some very important documents and it was his duty as an accused to file the additional piece of evidence to the investigating agencies concerned to point out how the entire matter has been sabotaged by the complainant, Rabia.”
4. He further revealed that the mail clearly mentions how Jiah tried to kill herself on multiple occasions. Apart from this, the evidence also states that Rabia had fabricated a rape and sexual abuse charge against a man in London. “The letter sent by the UK citizen states Rabia had in her statement before the London authorities said that Jiah had attempted suicide on three occasions”, Patil said.
5. While submitting the mail and a letter to the CBI, Sooraj’s lawyer has demanded further probe into the documents citing Jiah’s suicidal tendencies and accused Rabia of suppressing the facts.Back to latest news