After learning that his wife is not a virgin, man ends 2-day-old marriage
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. In a shocking incident, a man from Nashik decided to end his marriage after his wife failed a ‘virginity test’.
2. The couple got married on May 22. Merely 48 hours after the man got hitched to the girl, the caste panchayat allegedly offered a white bedsheet to the groom and asked him to return it after the consummation period.
3. The next day, the man returned the bedsheet, albeit without any blood stains. After receiving the clean sheet, the panchayat decided to allow the man to terminate the 2-day-old marriage.
4. The village panchayat of the district gave permission to the husband to end their relationship after declaring that the newly married girl was ‘not virgin’.
5. While speaking to TOI about the issue, social workers said that the girl had been preparing for physical tests for police force recruitment process which involved cycling, running, jumping and other exercises. They also plan to file a police complaint against the panchayat and the man if they are unable to reach an ‘amicable solution’.