Local Press Co 5-point snippet
1. Bollywood’s leading lady Priyanka Chopra’s maiden Bhojpuri production, Bam Bam Bol Raha Hai Kashi, was released pan India on June 10.
2. Despite high expectations, it seems that the film did not go down well with the Bihari filmmakers, who seemed unimpressed and termed the film ‘extremely vulgar’ and its content ‘raunchy’.
3. Slamming Priyanka Chopra for producing the film, National Award winning filmmaker Nitin Chandra said, “At a time when my mother tongue Bhojpuri is fighting for its existence, Priyanka has not only defamed herself but also besmirched her Padma Shri award by producing a movie like this.”
4. When the ‘Quantico’ star was asked to comment on the controversy surrounding the film, she defended her maiden Bhojpuri production calling it’s content the ‘requirement’ of regional cinema. “Is Hindi devoid of vulgarity? I am myself fond of such latke-jhatke (thrills and frills) in movies. I want the regional films to get a better platform,” said the 33-year-old actress.
5. Directed and written by Santosh Mishra, ‘Bam Bam Bol Raha Hai Kashi’ stars Dineshlal Niarahua and Amrapali Dubey in the lead roles.Back to latest news