Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. According to a new instruction by the CBSE board, schools can now award marks to pupils for doing yoga.
2. The board has informed schools to introduce ‘Yoga Studies’ as an activity for students, incorporating it as a part of their daily schedule starting this year.
3. Moreover, Secretary of the board, Joseph Emmanuel, also issued a circular stating that schools can assess yoga as an activity under the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE). These grades will reflect on a student’s report card.
4. CBSE board has also recommended that a common protocol should be developed by the ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturotherapy, Unani, Siddhi and Homeopathy (AYUSH) which will involve minimum time to practice but provide maximum health benefits to a student. This protocol will be designed for students from Standard 6 and above.
5. Further, the CBSE schools have been requested to send in one physical education teacher for a certification course conducted by AYUSH along with Quality Counsel of India.