Air India makes emergency landing in Mumbai after man complains of choking
Air India’s Ahmedabad – London flight made an emergency landing at Mumbai airport last morning after an elderly passenger complained of choking on in-flight snacks.
Jashbhai Patel (85), a British national, boarded the flight from Ahmedabad to return back home in London. After takeoff, Patel ate the snacks offered by the airline. Minutes later, he felt something was stuck in his throat and complained of uneasiness.
When the air hostesses came to know of Patel’s condition, they immediately informed the pilots who made an emergency landing. Mumbai International Airport Pvt Ltd (MIAL) doctors offloaded Patel, rushed him to a nearby hospital and informed his relatives.
Patel’s relatives arrived at the terminal and argued with the Air India staff and medical team as they did not find any reason to offload Patel from the flight. Only after the team explained them about Patel’s condition, did they give in and decided to leave the airport.
In the end, the Ahmedabad-London flight reached it’s destination 35 minutes late.