Bandra youth drowns at Juhu beach
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. On Sunday, a 22-year-old named Abrail Gulam Mohammad Shaikh disappeared from Juhu beach after he had for a swim with three of his friends.
2. The group of friends entered the water at about 12:15 pm. One hour later, they realized that Shaikh was being swept away by the strong current of waves.
3. Hurriedly, the trio alerted people around them informed the Mumbai police control room. Soon, cops from Santacruz police station, several fire brigade officers and lifeguards reached the spot and began a search and rescue operation.
4. However, despite looking for Shaikh all afternoon, the search party returned empty handed. The Bandra resident is now feared to have been drowned. Santacruz police later informed Shaikh’s family about the incident.
5. This is the second case of drowning at Juhu beach in the past four days. Earlier on Friday, a 26-year-old named Irshad Qureshi had drowned at Juhu beach when he’d gone for a swim with his friends.