Around 5 pm on Tuesday, the Maharashtra Director of Education office declared the third merit list of the First Year Junior College (FYJC) online admissions in Mumbai.
The first merit list was announced on June 27, followed by the second merit list on July 4. The third list was initially scheduled to be announced on July 11, but the Education Department pushed the dates forward owing to a confusion over the Eid Holiday.
In the first list, a total of 1.84 lakh candidates had been allotted seats out of the 2.2 lakh students that applied. The second list allotted seats to the remaining 40,000 students, but due to the marginal decline in cutoff percentages, many are still vying for better options in the third list.
Around 15,000 students failed to take up admissions after the second merit list was out last week.
There are approximately 48,000 excess seats for First Year Junior College, so each of the 2.2 lakh applicants is bound to get admission this year. But data from top colleges indicates that only a handful of seats are available, implying that the drop in cut off percentages for the most popular colleges will be negligible.
The committee for FYJC admissions, consisting of education department officials and principals, is yet to decide on whether to release a fourth merit list. “The third list is meant to be the final one according to our schedule. But if many students are left without a seat after the third round, then we might announce a fourth round,” said BB Chavan, deputy directorate of education to a leading daily.
How to check the merit list online
1. Visit www.fyjc.org.in/mumbai
2. Click the ‘Check Results (Round III)’ on the extreme left
3. On the subsequent page, enter your unique application form number
4. Click ‘Get Results’
Cut-off percentages for top 15 colleges Mumbai colleges
- St. Xavier’s College: Arts (94%), Science (89.2%)
- Jai Hind College: Arts (87.4%), Commerce (87.8%), Science (82.8%)
- K.C College: Arts (83.4%), Commerce (88.4%), Science (85.2%)
- Ruia College: Arts (91.2%), Science (92.6%)
- Ruparel College: Arts (83.4%), Commerce (87.4%), Science (91%)
- N.M College: Commerce (92.2%),
- H.R College: Commerce (92.4%)
- R.A Podar College: Commerce (90.6%)
- Mithibai College: Arts (83.4%), Commerce (88%), Science (85%)
- Sathaye College: Arts (-), Commerce (85.4%), Science (90%)
- Dahanukar College: Commerce (87.6%)
- Patkar College: Arts (-), Commerce (86%), Science (89.6%)
- K.J Somaiya College: Commerce (85%), Science (89.2%)
- Bhavans College: Arts (-), Commerce (78%), Science (73.2%)
- MCC College: Commerce (90.2%)
Back to latest news