Informer tries to outsmart Kherwadi police, gets arrested
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. On Monday, the Kherwadi police arrested 28-year-old Kishore Singh for allegedly trying to mislead the cops and make money from them by giving fake information about illegal activities.
2. A Santacruz resident, Singh had approached the Kherwadi police two days back and told them that he will provide them with information about illegal activities and anti-social elements from the area. He also assured of helping them in conducting raids.
3. According to a Hindustan times report, the accused informed the officers about some men from North India who were staying in a Dadar hotel and in possession of drugs and weapons. He claimed that he knew the people and could bring them to the police station in exchange of some money.
4. His request for money raised suspicion and the officers decided to keep a watch on Singh before paying him. Upon investigation, cops realised that there was no one with weapons or drugs staying in the said hotel. They realised that Singh’s modus operandi was to make money by giving them false information.
5. For his actions, Singh was booked for cheating and was taken into police custody. Later, it was revealed that he has more such cheating cases registered against him.