Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. The Railway Police Force (RPF), on Thursday, arrested a 30-year-old man for throwing off a woman from a moving train between Kalyan and Dombivli after she objected to his presence in the ladies compartment.
2. The incident happened around 7.20 pm, when the victim, Rekha Navale and her mother, Sarita were on board Kashi Express from Nashik. The accused, Dinesh Yadav, kept entering the women’s compartment of the train despite several protests from the ladies. Rekha took up the lead and asked the man to get out of the bogie, when he first boarded at Igatpuri. Other women travellers also warned him of complaining to the cops.
3. According to a TOI report, as the train reached Kalyan, Yadav entered the ladies compartment again. This time he blocked the way of the victim, who was helping an elderly person to a washroom. When Rekha asked him to get out of her way, he pushed her, grabbed her throat and threw her off the moving train in front of her mother.
4. While the women passengers gheraoed him and handed him over to the railway cops, Rekha, who was lying in a pool of blood was rescued by a good samaritan. Identified as Amit Mahamunkar, the man rushed her to the Fortis hospital. Doctors confirmed that Rekha has suffered multiple fractures and injuries to her head.
5. Yadav has been remanded into the custody of Dombivali GRP till Monday. The 22-year-old victim, Rekha, is an engineering graduate from Jondhale College of Engineering.Back to latest news