MNS workers cut cake with Muslim politician’s face on Raj Thackeray’s birthday
Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. On Tuesday, the Hyderabad-based political party retaliated after a cake with their chief’s picture on it was cut during Raj Thackeray’s birthday celebrations.
2. MNS workers, on Raj Thackeray’s birthday, brought a cake which had a picture of AIMIM (All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen) chief Asaduddin Owaisi’s face on it at Thackeray’s residence in Dadar.
3. The workers asked Thackeray to cut the cake, but he refrained from cutting the cake. However, he pierced the cake with a knife and it was later cut by other MNS workers and distributed among them.
4. This action was strongly condemned by AIMIM members and MLA Waris Pathan, as associate of the party, has demanded strong action against MNS.
5. MNS has targeted Owaisi in the past as well when he refused to chant ‘Bharat Mata ki Jai’ even if a knife was put to his throat. The MNS chief while responding to his comment was quoted saying, “Come to Maharashtra, I will put a knife to your throat.”