Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. One of the best-known figures of the 20th century and three-time world heavy-weight boxing champion, Muhammad Ali breathed his last on Friday.
2. 74-year-old Ali was hospitalized on June 2 for a respiratory ailment in a Arizona based hospital. After battling Parkinson’s for nearly 30 years, Ali succumbed to the disease and passed away late on Friday.
3. Ali retired from boxing in 1981 with a record 56 wins. Three years after he quit, he was diagnosed with Parkinson’s.
4. Ali’s last public appearance was in April at the ‘Celebrity Fight Night’ gala in Arizona, a charity that benefits the Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center.
5. The boxing champion has been the idol and inspiration for many sports personalities through the years and considered the greatest boxer of all time.
“Champions come and go, but to be legendary you got to have heart, more heart than the next man, more than anyone in the world”- Muhammad AliBack to latest news