Local Press Co 5-point Snippet
1. Wockhardt Hospital released the findings of their newly conducted study on analysing smoking habits amongst youngsters on the occasion of ‘World No Tobacco Day’.
2. The survey, which received over 1,500 responses from 700 boys and 800 girls aged 17-24, was primarily targeted at city’s college students. The students were asked to fill a questionnaire on why they smoke, reasons for taking up smoking, their awareness about hazards of smoking etc.
3. The findings revealed that around 59 percent of youngsters smoke despite knowing the ill-effects of smoking.
4. In addition, 16 percent students claimed to smoke just for fun while 17 percent smoked when they were under stress. 21 percent of the respondents also admitted that they smoke to ‘look cool’.
5. In terms of frequency of smoking, 14 percent students said that they smoked just one cigarette a day whereas 15 percent admitted to smoking over five a day.Back to latest news